DIY Natural Deodorants: Stay Fresh the Chemical-Free Way
1. What is Natural Deodorant?
Natural deodorant is a type of deodorant that is made with natural ingredients, such as baking soda, essential oils, and arrowroot powder. Natural deodorants work by neutralizing the odor-causing bacteria on the skin, without using harsh chemicals or aluminum.
2. How to Make Natural Deodorant
Making your own natural deodorant is easy and affordable. You can find all of the ingredients you need at your local grocery store or health food store.
To make natural deodorant, you will need:
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 10-12 drops essential oil (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking soda, cornstarch, and arrowroot powder.
- Add the essential oil, if desired.
- Mix well until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the deodorant to a small jar or container.
- Apply the deodorant to your underarms as needed.
3. Benefits of Using Natural Deodorant
There are many benefits to using natural deodorant, including:
- Reduced risk of irritation and allergic reactions: Natural deodorants are made with gentle, natural ingredients, so they are less likely to cause irritation or allergic reactions than traditional deodorants.
- No aluminum: Aluminum is a common ingredient in traditional deodorants, but it has been linked to a number of health problems, including breast cancer. Natural deodorants are free of aluminum, so you can use them without worrying about the potential health risks.
- More effective at neutralizing odor: Natural deodorants work by neutralizing the odor-causing bacteria on the skin, so they can help you stay fresh and odor-free all day long.
- Better for the environment: Natural deodorants are typically made with biodegradable ingredients, so they are better for the environment than traditional deodorants.
4. Tips for Making Natural Deodorant
Here are a few tips for making natural deodorant:
- Use high-quality ingredients: The quality of your ingredients will affect the performance of your deodorant. Make sure to use high-quality baking soda, cornstarch, and arrowroot powder.
- Experiment with different essential oils: Essential oils can add a refreshing scent to your deodorant and can also help to improve its effectiveness. Experiment with different essential oils until you find one that you like.
- Store your deodorant in a cool, dry place: Natural deodorants can become less effective if they are exposed to heat and moisture. Make sure to store your deodorant in a cool, dry place.
Natural deodorant is a great option for people who want to stay fresh and odor-free without using harsh chemicals or aluminum. Natural deodorants are easy to make, affordable, and effective. So why not give them a try?
Ingredients 13 cup coconut oil 14 cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder for sensitive skin 14 cup baking soda 610 drops of essential oil Lavender lemongrass cedarwood tea tree 32 Homemade Organic Deodorant Recipes to Keep you Fresh Keep body odor at bay with these refreshing Homemade organic deodorant recipes All these Homemade organic deodorant recipes are made by using natural ingredients 1 DIY Sunscreen Deodorant with Zinc Oxide Supplies 5 tbsp and 1 tsp shea butter 5 tbsp arrow root powder or corn starch1 Soothing Lavender Baking Soda Deodorant svehlik Getty Images This DIY deodorant uses a variety of natural ingredients that are moisturizing for the skin and have antimicrobial andSTEP 2 Once melted add in arrowroot starch baking soda and essential oils STEP 3 Place in a 3 ounce jar and
allow to cool at room temp or in fridge will harden faster in fridge until its reached a solid state consistency Cover with lid until useNatural deodorants typically contain something to absorb moistureusually baking soda cornstarch or arrowroot powderbut they dont prevent sweat from occurring in the first place like the aluminum in traditional antiperspirants Youll have to get used to sweating again but in my experience its far less and not as stinky as I expectedDirections In a double boiler melt the coconut oil and beeswax Remove from heat and add essential oils Stir in dry ingredients This will cause the mixture to solidify quickly If necessary place the mixture back on the heat Pour mixture into a deodorant container Allow to cool to room temperatureAdd all ingredients to a small pot
and put it on low heat on your stove Stir every once in a while until everything is melted the beeswax takes the longest but its still within a couple minutes and then stir well to incorporate the powders into the mixture so that it is nice and smooth14 cup baking soda 18 14 teaspoon essential oil choose your favorite scent What to Do If the coconut oil is in a solid state put it in a microwavesafe container and microwave it for 10second intervals until it is fully melted Mix in essential oil Add cornstarch and baking soda and mix until smooth
Here are some additional resources on natural deodorant: